NHS Lothian has announced that the new Royal Hospital for Children and Young People will fully open on Tuesday 23 March. From this date, the remaining Children’s services presently located at Sciennes, including A&E, will move to the stunning and world-class Royal Hospital for Children and Young People located next to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France. See on map
From 8am on Tuesday 23 March, all patients and any child or young person requiring access to A&E, must go to the new Royal Hospital for Children and Young People at Little France.
The new hospital includes:
- Children’s Emergency Department, next to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh Adult Emergency Department
- 242 Beds
- 10 Theatres
- 10 Wards (Inpatient and Day Care)
- Therapy departments
- Outdoor play areas
- Physical and mental health specialities on one site
- Modern Imaging equipment
- An Art and Therapeutic Design programme worth over £5million, which enhances the environment and experience of the hospital. This programme has been funded by Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity (www.ECHCharity.org) and Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation (www.elhf.co.uk)
- Ronald McDonald House (accommodation for families of paediatric patients)
- Inpatient bedside entertainment
- Public WiFi
For more information, visit the NHS Lothian website.