As promised in the recent letter from the Prime Minister, a letter has now been received from The Rt Hon Oliver Dowden MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office. Mr Dowden is the minister with responsibility for the Infected Blood Inquiry.
The letter is addressed to the 12 campaigners from around the UK who originally wrote to the Prime Minister. In the letter the Minister says,
- That this is a substantive reply.
- The Inquiry is a priority for Government.
- He will be providing briefing to the Prime Minister.
- The Inquiry is making good progress.
- People have had to wait too long for answers.
- That the Government will give urgent consideration to the Inquiry’s recommendations as soon as it completes its work.
- Relevant Departments are working closely together to resolve the immediate and pressing disparity between the scheme in England and those in Wales and Northern Ireland.
- He is consulting with all four Governments to achieve comprehensive parity across the broad issues of support for all those infected or affected.
- He would like to meet to discuss these issues.