In his letter the Prime Minister,
- apologised for taking so long to reply
- offered his complete commitment to infected and affected people
- expressed confidence that the Infected Blood Inquiry would provide answers
- promised to give urgent consideration to any recommendations from the Inquiry
- said he is taking a very close interest in the Inquiry and issues it is examining.
He concludes by saying he had asked Oliver Dowden, Minister for the Cabinet Office, to reply substantively as the Minister responsible for the Inquiry. He has also asked for regular briefings on the Inquiry and the issue of disparity [in financial support] from the Minister.