Things are changing fast in the treatment of Hepatitis C.
We have been campaigning for access to the new ‘interferon-free’ therapies for everyone who is clinically suitable and wants them. We think there is a moral duty to give everyone infected by the contaminated blood disaster access to the best possible treatment for them.
However, we know that a lot of people have had horrific experiences with treatment in the past and many have been left with going poor health. That means a lot of people have questions about the new treatments. We thought it would be a good idea to give anyone who was interested the chance to come together for an event about Hepatitis C. We have booked The Vine Venue, in Dunfermline on Saturday the 30th of May and are inviting a wide range of speakers.
The agenda isn’t finalised yet but we plan to cover a wide range of topics.
- The latest information about the new treatments.
- Update on which treatments are approved in Scotland.
- What you should do if you think you would benefit from the new treatments.
- Hearing from someone with experience of taking one of the new treatments.
- Update on progress since the Penrose Report.
So if you have Hepatitis C or are a family member of someone who does then please register today.