We understand that living with a bleeding disorder can present unique challenges. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce a specialised programme tailored for people in Scotland over the age of 18 and living with a bleeding disorder: Virtual Physiotherapy. This innovative initiative is designed to empower individuals, enhance their physical well-being, and elevate their overall quality of life.
Overcoming Accessibility Hurdles:
For many in the bleeding disorders community, attending regular physiotherapy sessions can be a logistical challenge. Whether it’s the distance to the nearest clinic, scheduling conflicts, or the ups-and-downs of life with a bleeding disorder, in-person visits can be daunting. It’s time for an inclusive solution that prioritises flexibility, accessibility, and personalised care.
Introducing Virtual Physiotherapy:
Our Virtual Physiotherapy Project brings the clinic to your home through secure Zoom video calls. Here’s what you can expect:
- Interactive Group Exercises: Connect with an experienced physiotherapist and up to eight other participants for dynamic group exercises designed to address specific bleeding disorders and associated challenges.
- Personalised Plans: Receive individualised exercise and therapy plans, tailored to your unique needs, under the expert guidance of our physiotherapist.
- Convenience: Say goodbye to long commutes and waiting rooms. Access the group exercises from the convenience of your living room.
- Supportive Community: Connect with peers who share similar experiences. Share knowledge, tips, and encouragement as you embark on this transformative journey together.
Achieve Your New Year’s Resolutions:
Make 2024 the year you prioritise your health and well-being. Our Virtual Physiotherapy Project is an excellent opportunity to kickstart your New Year’s resolution to get active and improve your overall fitness.
- Enhanced Mobility: Manage joint pain and stiffness commonly associated with bleeding disorders, allowing you to move more comfortably and freely.
- Improved Fitness: Strengthen muscles, boost cardiovascular health, and enhance overall fitness with guidance from an experienced physiotherapist.
- Effective Pain Management: Learn techniques to better manage pain, reduce inflammation, and prevent complications.
- Mental Well-being: Prioritise mental health and emotional resilience alongside physical wellness.
- Foster Independence: Gain confidence in managing your condition, leading to a more independent and fulfilling life.
- Duration: Six weeks
- Sessions: Once a week from 15th January 2024
- Participants: Up to eight per group
- Platform: Zoom
Who Can Join:
This programme is open to adults aged 18 and above living with a bleeding disorder in Scotland.
Join Us Today:
Our Virtual Physiotherapy Project is a transformative opportunity for the bleeding disorders community in Scotland. Don’t let your condition dictate your life. Take charge and improve your well-being from the comfort of your own home.
Embark on a journey towards a healthier, more active, and happier life with Virtual Physiotherapy!
REGISTER BY MONDAY 4TH DECEMBER TO JOIN THE FIRST SESSION STARTING ON MONDAY 15TH JANUARY
ABOUT THE PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
Sean is a Chartered Physiotherapist currently working as the Physiotherapy Manager for Spire Edinburgh Hospitals. He has worked in various roles across the public and independent sector, and as a haemophiliac himself, he has a passion for creating access to Physiotherapy for individuals living with a bleeding disorder. Sean has a keen interest in rehabilitating patients following orthopaedic surgery, supporting them to achieve their personal goals, along with facilitating a return to sport. As a senior clinician, Sean has furthered his studies through gaining diplomas in both Injection Therapy and Football Medicine.