Health and Welfare Benefits


Due to the increasing difficulties with claiming and retaining benefits, we have been doing some research on where you can access help. In this section, we have listed information online contacts and  contacts for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Falkirk so far, and are working on adding more.

Citizens Advice Scotland are a good starting point. You can locate services in your area here:

If you are having problems, please give them a call as soon as you can. Citizens Advice Scotland are local, independent charities that provide free and confidential advice and information whoever you are and whatever your problem.

They can help you:
improve your financial situation
make sure that you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to

Their service is free, confidential, impartial and independent. They can answer most questions over the telephone, but can arrange a meeting if that would be better.

They will help you:
claim the right benefits so you are getting all the money you can
sort out problems with your claim
appeal against a decision that you think is wrong

What kind of benefits can you claim?

You may be able to claim from a wide range of benefits. They can help you find which is right for you, for example:
Attendance Allowance
Carer’s Allowance
Child Benefit
Child Tax Credit
Council Tax Reduction Scheme
Disability Living Allowance
Employment and Support Allowance
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Industrial Injuries Benefit
Jobseeker’s Allowance
Pension Credit
Personal Independence Payments
Universal Credit
Working Tax Credit